My art is a manifestation of everyday experiences and observations crafted as a collection of found objects. Objects that have been discarded and often deemed insignificant to one person become significant to me in a new and unique way. Back in my school days, I transitioned from using traditional painting techniques to experimenting with collage mediums using found objects.
These artworks are assembled in unconventional ways. My work has been described as "urban tribalism" perhaps due to the use of natural wood combined with metals and the subject of love, chaos, and intimacy in some of my art pieces. Indeed, my artís true expression does not adhere to any obvious meaning.
Instead, it is open to the viewer’s own interpretation..
Artists and art movements that have inspired me:
- Van Gogh
- Romare Bearden
- "Folk Art"
- The” Abstract Expressionists"
- 60's "Assemblage" artists: Rauschenberg and Kienholz
- Contemporary artist George Herms.
- BFA Chicago Art Institute 1992-1994.
- AA Santa Monica College 1989-1992.
- 1998 Belle Cafe -- Solo Exhibit.
- 1993 Mike's Coffee House and Gallery -- Solo exhibit.
- 1992 Santa Monica Art Gallery -- Group Show.
- 1992 Congo Square Cafe -- Solo Exhibit.
Web Design, Graphic Design & Fine Arts
"As an artist, I often think of myself as an observer in this world, always experiencing things privately."
"Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye, it also includes the inner pictures of the soul" - Edvard Munch